Friday, October 1, 2010

Today has been pretty much all work.  Got the kids ready to help Meli and headed out.  Work itself went smooth.  We had a charity event for the local food bank tonight.  Over 800 attendees sampling cuising and having a good time.  We were represented well and my team did a bang up job.
Learned I have some unnecessary competion for the job I am going for.  Someone very high up is recommending someone with little experience in the field.  Her qualification?  From my viewpoint that she is hot.  That is it.  If I get beat by someone that is more qualified than me than I can accept that.  I really am not fond of the idea of busting my ass while someone who knows and does less than me gets paid a lot more than me.  Again.
Got home and Mia is not reacting well to vaccinations.  Her legs are swollen and she is running a temperature.  Tylenol, feeding and some TLC and she seems to be calming down.  I hope the lack of sleep doesn't hurt me as I have some long shifts over the next few days while the boss is out of town.  I get free coffee though so I am confident I'll pull through.  I also found out I finally get a day off with my wife and kids together!  It sounds insignificant unless you realize that it hasn't happened since Meli was on maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment